Re: Process Change: Package Reviews with Flags

Christian Iseli wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:55:25 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
2) ASSIGNED begins to nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ASSIGNED to reviewer during the review, ASSIGNED to package owner after review. ASSIGNED is to whoever needs to be doing work in the next step of getting the package out.

Makes some amount of sense, thinking about it...

Perhaps #2 makes more sense, but is it too confusing?

Well, I got used to the current schema, so this new schema is confusing
me a bit anyway...

Either way, Flags track *who* did the review and *who* approved it, and flags are independently query-able.

Yes.  But they won't show who the package owner is AFAICT...  So I
think the owner should be the assignee at least when the package is
approved.  Dunno how we will know who the package owner is during
review with option 2.  I think you should name the owner in the
initial comment in this case.

Good idea, I can include "Initial Owner: foouser" in the auto-filings.

Did you intend to still have all accepted packages block
FE-ACCEPT ?

No, the purpose of the flags is to improve the performance of this process by getting rid of tracker bugs.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx