Re: dist-hg proof-of-concept ready for use

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:09:42 +0800, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > In my case I was doing a rebase and the box crashed. End of repository
> > had to haul diffs out of log files by hand.
>
> Do you have a tarball of this repository? I'd like to do a post-mortem.
> I don't actually believe it was trashed, unless the crash of the box
> _also_ scribbled on the filesystem, in which case all bets are off.

Not all bets. git-fsck should still be able to report that there is a
problem in that case. Alan's report said "fsck of git [said] nothing
was wrong", which is very odd. The only corruption that should be this
silent would be something that had the astronomically unlikely effect
of modifying an object and its hash so that they still
matched. Perhaps that was user error in driving git-fsck-objects? It
doesn't look into packs without --full, right?

Anyway, I'd also be interested in seeing the repository if it exists.

-Carl