Re: 5 security tips for shared or public computers

Paul Frields:
> The original article beforeediting didn't have any direct hints about
> specific utilities, commands to run, etc. So I tried to keep the same
> sense around the article that Sylvia, the original author, intended.
> In some cases, there were two separate and distinct tips combined into
> one, so I separated them for clarity. I also tried to order them in
> terms of "depth" for where they took the user.
>
> I did look at the revisions Corey saved. Those revisions were light
> and didn't alter that general feel. I didn't see anything in those
> revisions that mentioned specific tools or commands. Perhaps there's
> an unsaved copy that didn't make it into the Wordpress instance?
>
> I would agree with Eduard and Link the article is fairly general. I
> tried to clarify what was there, put it in an order that would make as
> much sense to the reader as possible, make it concise for the typical
> modern reader (as well as international/ESL audiences), and keep the
> sense of the original author's work.
>
> Paul
>

> On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 4:26 PM, Eduard Lucena <eduardlucena@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi team,
>>
>> Maybe I'm out of scope here, but I need to agreed with Link: How is this
>> related with Fedora or any open source or free software? An article about
>> scurity tips isn't good just because it has the word cryptography on it.
>> The tips given are just superficial, it doesn't have anything specific
>> about a browser or any software, how something differs from one to another,
>> when something is mentioned, it doesn't say how to do it. I think the
>> article need more work, no just editing, but more content.
>>
>> Br,

>>> I agree with Corey here. The better articles we publish are the ones
>>> that instruct *how* to do something (think of the GnuPG series). The
>>> GnuPG articles were salient enough that they could be used as a guide
>>> on setting up a GPG key and securing your email with it.
>>>
>>> This article doesn't offer any lasting value to the reader. How does
>>> this relate to Fedora? Maybe a better spin on this would be "Making
>>> Fedora more secure"? Or "Securing Fedora for use in a public setting"?
>>>
>>> ~link
>>>

>> --
>> Eduard Lucena
>> Móvil: +56962318010
>> GNU/Linux User #589060
>> Ubuntu User #8749
>> Fedora Ambassador Latam

Paul,

This article was dead in the water for 5 months and was originally meant
as a series, yet I try to revive it and it's an idea that is washed,
claiming no scope for a series and no author, yet I've volunteered to
take it up.  And as to scope the initial was the ideas, article 2 would
be a deeper dive into how to do those things and article 3 a exercise
for the reader on additional suggested tactics/readings. BUT.. seeing as
this was totally glossed over and the emphasis has clearly gone to
shorter SEO blessed articles over actual meaningful content, I am done
bothering.  Those wishing to see such are welcome to visit my blog.

Regards,

--
Corey W Sheldon
M:703.839.6609:|:D:310.909.7672
|:http://community.ameridea.net:|:http://www.ameridea.net

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as
something to aim at. --Bruce Lee
Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your
own. --Bruce Lee
Any man willing to sacrifice security for convenience, is deserving of
neither. -- Benjamin Franklin

Disclaimer: All correspondence shall be deemed of a sensitive nature,
and not re-distributed without good cause or  per-approval.
All Emails shall be GPG signed or carry a attached vcf/asc blob, any
email lacking this shall be treated with healthy skepticism.
begin:vcard
fn:Corey W Sheldon
n:Sheldon;Corey
email;internet:sheldon.corey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:|:csheldon@xxxxxxxxxxxx