Re: python-dateutil SPDX license -- some code is Apache-2.0 and all code is BSD-3-Clause

Thanks Ben, but I am a bit confused:

On 16. 10. 23 17:10, Ben Beasley wrote:
Speaking as an unqualified observer, as I see it, there are three kinds of work in this project:

- Work after 2017-12-01, which is BSD-3-Clause (only).

This contradicts "The above [Apache-2.0] license applies to all contributions after 2017-12-01"

- Old work for which the maintainers could not secure consent for relicensing, which is Apache-2.0 (only).

This contradicts "The above BSD License Applies to all code, even that also covered by Apache 2.0." -- there is no code licensed by Apache-2.0 only in this project.

- Old work for which the maintainers did secure consent for relicensing, which is BSD-3-Clause. One might pedantically call this work (BSD-3-Clause OR Apache-2.0) since the old license terms can’t be rescinded, but this falls into the category of trying to represent historical license terms after a relicensing, which I don’t think Fedora should want to attempt in general. Since the maintainers don’t *intend* to offer a choice of licenses, I think just BSD-3-Clause is a better representation for this category.

And this relies on the two previous points.

--
Miro Hrončok