Re: python-dateutil SPDX license -- some code is Apache-2.0 and all code is BSD-3-Clause

Speaking as an unqualified observer, as I see it, there are three kinds of work in this project:

- Work after 2017-12-01, which is BSD-3-Clause (only).

- Old work for which the maintainers could not secure consent for relicensing, which is Apache-2.0 (only).

- Old work for which the maintainers did secure consent for relicensing, which is BSD-3-Clause. One might pedantically call this work (BSD-3-Clause OR Apache-2.0) since the old license terms can’t be rescinded, but this falls into the category of trying to represent historical license terms after a relicensing, which I don’t think Fedora should want to attempt in general. Since the maintainers don’t *intend* to offer a choice of licenses, I think just BSD-3-Clause is a better representation for this category.

The part that makes this awkward is that individual files in the binary RPMs could contain any combination of these types of work. If you assume all possible mixtures are present, and consider only the “most current” license (as discussed above, no disjunctive license expression for relicensed old work), this would give:

    BSD-3-Clause AND (BSD-3-Clause AND Apache-2.0) AND Apache-2.0

in order to represent the possible combinations of license terms in individual installed files.

I’ll stop short of making claims about whether to simplify that as e.g. (BSD-3-Clause AND Apache-2.0), or about whether there are actually any files that are still Apache-2.0 only.