Re: Assessment of Fedora legal/license policies

Dne 03. 08. 23 v 18:58 Richard Fontana napsal(a):
There are a few specific issues that I plan to call attention to in
one or more separate threads

Yeah. There are some. I will let you kick it off :)

  but any thoughts on this are very
welcome.
+1 to all you wrote. And:

4) We identified lot of new licenses used in Fedora. I do not have data, but it is way more than I expected. And adding them to SPDX list works very well. The process is slow, but not too slow. For me this is one of the highlight compare to e.g., openSUSE that uses Licenseref-* for licenses not on SPDX list.

5) The communication is tricky part. Even after a year of very intensive communication to Fedora contributors I still meet people who asks me "Hey, what is that SPDX thing?". I do not think we can do more. :( For me this is 'closed' in the meaning, that  should still continue in what we are doing regarding communication.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Manager, Packit and CPT, #brno, #fedora-buildsys