Assessment of Fedora legal/license policies

It's been about a year since Fedora switched from the Callaway system
[1] to the use of SPDX identifiers for purposes of package license
metadata and license classification, along with the publication of
significantly revamped and rationalized documentation relating to
Fedora legal issues [2].

This provides a good opportunity to look back and identify any aspect
of those changes that is not working well or could use reformulation
or other improvement.

The only things I see as 'closed' are:
1. Use of SPDX expressions in place of Callaway notation (for the
specific purposes for which Callaway notation was used in the past).
Despite the faults and limitations of SPDX, at this point I can't see
how a return to the Callaway system would be justified, and there is
no viable alternative license expression system that I'm aware of. I
also think overall the migration to SPDX has been pretty successful
thus far.
2. Rejection of undefined standards or methodologies for license
characterization, particularly the application of "effective license
theory". At least, I haven't yet seen any viable proposal for a
well-defined set of rules around so-called effective licenses.
3. The principle that SPDX identifiers should mean approximately what
the SPDX group seems to understand them to mean, bearing in mind that
SPDX itself may have some contradictory or non-well-defined
assumptions about this. For example, I would not want to see a
superficial use of SPDX identifiers where, in reality, Fedora was
cryptically forking that part of the SPDX spec to significantly
redefine what particular SPDX identifiers are supposed to mean.

There are a few specific issues that I plan to call attention to in
one or more separate threads but any thoughts on this are very
welcome.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callaway_system

[2] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/

Richard