Fwd: SPDX Statistics - stilus annunciationis edition

-------- Přeposlaná zpráva --------
Předmět: SPDX Statistics - stilus annunciationis edition
Datum: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 01:56:32 +0100
Od: Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Společnost: Red Hat Czech, s.r.o.
Komu: Development discussions related to Fedora <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Two weeks ago we had:

* 23107 spec files in Fedora

* 29503 license tags in all spec files

* 20302 tags have not been converted to SPDX yet

* 8096 tags can be trivially converted using `license-fedora2spdx`

Today we have:

* 22882 spec files in Fedora

* 29366 license tags in all spec files

* 19784 tags have not been converted to SPDX yet (huray, we are under 20k)

* 7912 tags can be trivially converted using `license-fedora2spdx`

The list of packages needed to be converted is again here:

    https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/packages-without-spdx-final.txt

List by package maintainers is here

   https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/packages-without-spdx-final-maintainers.txt

New version of fedora-license-data has been released.

Legal docs and especially

  https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/allowed-licenses/

was updated too.

I updated the progress in this spreadsheet:

   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVMEzXWML-6_Mrlln02axFAaRKCQ8zE807rpCjus-8s/edit?usp=sharing

You converted 381 license tags in 14 days.  Plus additional 137 old license tags were in packages that has been retired.

New projection when we will be finished is 2023-11-16. Pure linear approximation.

If your package does not have neither git-log entry nor spec-changelog entry mentioning SPDX and you know your license tag matches SPDX formula, you can put your package on ignore list

  https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/ignore-packages.txt

Either pull-request or email to me is fine. I already put there some packages that has been reported in past.

Why stilus annunciationis? Because 25th March is the begging of the liturgical year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feast_of_the_Annunciation

Do you hesitate how to proceed with the migration? Please follow

   https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/update-existing-packages/

or attend SPDX office hours (see different thread in this mailing list)

Miroslav