Re: ASL 2.0 with exceptions

Hi all,

thank you for all the answers!

There was long-term issue (due Apple legal department) about the
mentioned license change in CUPS and llvm license was an example how the
acceptable license should look like.

After two years NOTICE file was accepted by Apple legal and put in CUPS
project as an exception for ASL 2.0 to prevent future licensing problems.

CUPS project lead at that time and the person who did license change,
Mike Sweet, left Apple in the meantime and now he is an author of
LPrint, which I try to package and he chose the license which CUPS has
to prevent any license issues, because LPrint is based on parts of
previous CUPS code.

CUPS project in Apple now has a new lead, who is unfortunately
unresponsive at the present, so in my opinion changing/updating license
within CUPS is not possible, meaning updating lprint license will not
happen unless CUPS exception changes.

Then, would it be possible to have:

'Apache-2.0 WITH CUPS-exception'

or

'ASL 2.0 with exceptions'

as a license? If it woulf be, what can I do to have an option to use them?

Thank you in advance,

Zdenek

--
Zdenek Dohnal