Re: The future of the packager group for dist-git

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 09:42:48PM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
>> (Note: pagure can and will enforce the FPCA for dist-git)
>
> I know Richard Fontana has expressed some interest in reducing the need
> for FPCA. Maybe this is an opportunity to move in that direction? I
> know Spot has said that "License In = License Out" is adequate for
> projects on Github; I think Spot's concern with spec files is that we
> don't give them an explicit license (right)?
>
> As we're moving things, can we do something in Pagure to cover this, so
> the FPCA isn't needed here?

The alternative I've seen implemented in openSUSE is to have a license
header on the top of every spec file.

For example: https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Factory/createrepo_c/createrepo_c.spec?expand=1

I'm not sure that would be really appreciated by most people, who are
fine with the FPCA automatically handling this aspect and providing
default licensing.