Re: Does Bodhi need to be covered by the FPCA?

On 28 March 2017 at 11:13, Richard Fontana <rfontana@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:57:08AM -0400, Tom Callaway wrote:
>> On 03/28/2017 10:52 AM, Randy Barlow wrote:
>> > For a long time I didn't know that Bodhi should be covered by the FPCA
>> > so some commits have gone in from contributors who don't have Fedora
>> > accounts. Pierre-Yves Chibon had mentioned to me that it was required
>> > for contributors to sign the FPCA, but then I forgot to check that for
>> > a long time until today, resulting in even more contributions that
>> > weren't covered by the FPCA.
>> >
>> > I read the FPCA again today and noticed that it defines "Submit" with
>> > examples that end with "version control systems administered by
>> > Fedora". Though the examples do say "without limitation", the fact that
>> > it doesn't just say "version control systems" seems to imply that
>> > version control systems not administered by Fedora would not be
>> > covered. Since Bodhi is on GitHub which is not administered by Fedora,
>> > does Bodhi need FPCA for contributions? Is License In = License Out not
>> > sufficient for Bodhi?
>> >
>> > If it is required, what should I do about the contributors from the
>> > past who hadn't agreed to the FPCA?
>> >
>> > I wrote this pull request for the case that FPCA is required:
>> >
>> > https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/pull/1388
>>
>> Since Bodhi is on GitHub, contributions to Bodhi do not require FPCA.
>> License In = License Out is sufficient.
>
> Does this imply that projects hosted at pagure.io require all
> contributors to have agreed to the FPCA?
>
> Broader question which I only bring up since I have the opportunity
> do we really need the FPCA anymore for anything?

That currently seems to be the practice as we have had several
complaints from people wanting to just open a ticket and having to
agree to the FPCA, put in their phone number and location before doing
so. Whether they should or not is something I don't know about.

> Richard

Stephen J Smoogen.