Re: Switching to SPDX in license tags redux

On 07/26/2016 04:58 AM, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> So we can easily "pretend" we are matching SPDX license tags. But the
> right thing would be to add all kinds of license variant identifiers -
> one for each license text.

Yeah. I suppose we can start the effort of giving all those MIT/BSD
variants SPDX names. That seems like step 1. I also like the plan of
doing a scripted change at a mass-rebuild. At the very least, it handles
the majority of cases.

As far as the "new license" process, we'd just be blocking on SPDX to
create new identifiers. I don't mind driving that process.

Also, to be clear, this is just use of the SPDX identifiers, I'm not
advocating for use of the SPDX XML format at this point in time.

~tom

==
Red Hat