Re: Switching to SPDX in license tags redux

On 07/24/2016 12:13 AM, Haïkel wrote:
> I don't know all the details, but Spot is listed among the
> contributors, we're maybe already involved even indirectly to that
> effort.
>
> But yes, we need a representative from Fedora Legal but that's likely
> part of the decision.

I've been working on and off with SPDX to ensure that there is as
minimal as possible deviation between our two lists.

If we did want to move forward with this, we'd need to figure out how to
resolve the inconsistencies with BSD/MIT between Fedora and SPDX.
Additionally, since pretty much every single package would need to be
touched for this change (as well as every package awaiting review), this
would not be a small effort, and I am _not_ volunteering to undertake it
alone, as I do not have the time.

I tend be of the opinion that the work involved vastly outweighs the
benefit, but if others disagree (and are willing to volunteer their time
to work on this), I could be convinced.

~tom

==
Red Hat