Re: DITA licence -- acceptable?

On 01/22/2014 09:00 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
Would this affect any other DTDs Fedora is shipping? Many of them are used widely in our XML and HTML validation tools, so as a former docs guy this opinion caught my attention.

Not AFAIK. The big one, of course, is DocBook, and that's very plainly freely licensed:

"Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute the DocBook XML DTD
and its accompanying documentation for any purpose and without fee
is hereby granted in perpetuity, provided that the above copyright
notice and this paragraph appear in all copies."

http://docbook.org/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd

Basically, it's up to each OASIS TC to decide how they want to license their stuff; and it's up to every would-be Fedora packager to check :)

Cheers
Rudi