Embargoed countries IRC support policy

What is/should be Fedora's policy when it comes to helping people on IRC
who are from embargoed countries?  I'm asking because a situation just
happened in #fedora where someone from Iran asked for help, and someone
from the UK refused to help.  Obviously that's their prerogative, but if
I'm going to help them, I want to know that I'm not flouting some Fedora
guideline.

Jonathan (who's incredibly happy that Lebanon's not on the embargoed
list)