Re: where? security updates for FC4

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 04:44:56PM -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> >
> >Version of what?
>
> RHEL or CentOS.
> Since they are really the same, you know. ;-)

What you are interested in differs only by identifier strings
in release parts. CentOS on purpose _precisely_ tracks RHEL only
removing and/or replacing things like artworks, identifiers, etc. in
order not to violate copyrights or create false impressions.
As you can guess there are delays, ranging from few hours to
few days, before CentOS equivalents of RHEL updates are showing
on mirrors.

> I was merely asking for common sense suggestions. I do not expect
> anything to happen as if by magic.

So you got, I hope, what you asked for.  OTOH it is definitely
easier to maintain some specific machines than a whole distro.  You
do have much more leeway.  Patching sources of packages you are
using is the safest and the most correct course of action.
Still it happens then the only sane thing to do is to upgrade
a version of something.

   Michal