Re: where? security updates for FC4

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 02:55:04PM -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:
But then there might be some dependency issues that might get ugly.

What dependencies?  Either you edited spec and recompiled
results, which means among other things that you are not using
a version which is too high for other packages which may be using
it, or this is not doable.  In both cases you do not have any
dependency problems although in the second case you are also
missing an update.

Such as an FC6 application requiring a certain library version that cannot be found on FC4, so then the library needs an upgrade, which sometimes may require another thing to be upgraded, and so on. I've seen this before.

SRPMs from RHEL or CentOS?

They are really the same.

Which version would be closest to FC4?

Version of what?

RHEL or CentOS.
Since they are really the same, you know. ;-)

If all of that would be so automatic as you seem to imagine

I was merely asking for common sense suggestions. I do not expect anything to happen as if by magic.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/