Re: where? security updates for FC4

Karanbir Singh wrote:

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) wrote:
You could upgrade to FC5 and later upgrade to CentOS 5?
Will most likely not work as expected : FC5 updates are going to out strip the E-V-R for similar packages in EL5. And there is the issue of orphan packages that in turn might be required based on installed role.

And that won't happen when he stays at FC4 and then upgrades to CentOS when it comes out? I have to say I don't exactly understand what you're saying there though. I guess that if Florin wants a nice clean CentOS 5 system it might better to reinstall.

Nils Breunese.