Re: where? security updates for FC4

Florin Andrei wrote:

Now that the Legacy project is shutting down, the biggest problem becomes the security updates.

FL never provided anything else than security updates.

I have an FC4 server that I plan to keep running until CentOS 5 comes out, but I also have to apply security patches to this machine meanwhile.

What would be the best source of security updates for FC4 short-term?

SRPMs from FC5 or FC6, recompiled? But then there might be some dependency issues that might get ugly.

SRPMs from RHEL or CentOS? Which version would be closest to FC4? Again, I expect some dependency issues here.

Of course, one can always download the upstream tarballs and generate packages, but somehow I suspect this to be the most difficult method.

Any other suggestions?

You could upgrade to FC5 and later upgrade to CentOS 5?

Nils Breunese.