Re: Friday Flames - What to do with RHL7.3/9 and FC1/2

Quoting Michal Jaegermann <michal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 10:36:36AM -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:

The talk when FL started was that RHL would be supported for a long time,
specifically as long as there was interest in it.

Well, personally I always understood that "... for as long as there
will be people interested in _actively_ maitaining it and willing to
commit resources, in whatever form, adequate to the task".

IMHO the majority of the people actively involved in the project have been
from the RHL and FC1 camp.  The real lack of involvement is in the
distributions we're talking about keeping, IMHO.

Amazing that you would pick that one part of my mail, a message
which was overwhelming in favor of killing off the RHL line, and debate
it like I was against killing off RHL.

Obviously maintaining old distros is getting harder and harder when
they age.

Obviously.  But that has nothing to do with the number of active
contributors to the project, or what was originally expressed about
the project at its formation.

If an interest is limited only to have somebody else to volunteer to
do the work, and is voiced only when a support may be dropped,  then
this is obviously not sustainable.

This is not, IMHO, the case.  But how you can respond this way to an e-mail
which was 90% about why FL and users should all move off of RHL I don't
understand.

   Michal

--
Eric Rostetter