Re: Friday Flames - What to do with RHL7.3/9 and FC1/2

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 22:48 -0700, Tim Thome wrote:
> No, I'm not using RH9, however, a lot of folks are... and they paid for it.

Paid who for it?  I certainly didn't get any money here...

> Part of the obligation of the Legacy Support team is to support folks for a period. Although it would be nice for RH to support RH9 directly, folks have signed up within the Fedora Legacy camp to do this.

For a period.  That period should be over.  It has been quite the
period.

> > rh9 is in a persistent vegetative state. It's time to pull the plug.
> >
> RH9 is on the table, just waiting from someone to pronounce it dead, agreed... we should support it for security fixes only.

Um, that's all we've BEEN doing is security fixes.  Really, it should
have been obvious to anybody that started using Legacy that one day we
would stop supporting RHL9.  If your product is in the hands of Legacy,
perhaps it is time you start looking for a migration path.  Plain and
simple.

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx