Re: Friday Flames - What to do with RHL7.3/9 and FC1/2

On 6/14/06, Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 22:48 -0700, Tim Thome wrote:
> No, I'm not using RH9, however, a lot of folks are... and they paid for it.

Paid who for it?  I certainly didn't get any money here...

> Part of the obligation of the Legacy Support team is to support folks for a period. Although it would be nice for RH to support RH9 directly, folks have signed up within the Fedora Legacy camp to do this.

I would assume Tim meant people paid RH for support under the idea
that you paid RH for a boxed set for x years of updates. If a person
bought a boxed set, what they were paying for was 90 days of
installation technical support, and depending on the level of the
boxed set a number of priority tickets that could be used in a year.
You also got a printed installation manual and some stickers. You did
not get any written promise of errata support for any period of time.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator

--