Re: 1-2-3 out, time for FC2?

Quoting "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet)" <nils@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

I just think it would be interesting (for Fedora Legacy) to have some
sort of idea of why people are running legacy versions of Red Hat and
Fedora, so FL knows 'who they are doing it for'.

I'm doing it for the classic reason:

I can't upgrade my servers just anytime; I need to upgrade them on a
strict schedule.  In other words, I have "windows of opportunity" within
which to upgrade.

As you might guess, the upgrade schedule for FC releases does not usually
match my windows of opportunity...  So I need something to keep my going
for up to a year, until I can upgrade the machines...

My guess is that it's
mostly people that have used Fedora Core for live servers that they
don't want to upgrade (people that maybe should've gotten another
distro, in my opinion) and there's people like James Kosin that won't
upgrade because of things like driver/kernel issues.

Very rarely I hit a driver issue or other issue.  But mostly it is
a matter of timing and available time.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics