Re: 1-2-3 out, time for FC2?

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) wrote:

I'm not telling you to get a 'better distro' or to upgrade. I was just asking myself why you don't upgrade. There can be good reasons for that. On the other hand I wish people would stop complaining about not getting any upgrades anymore (I'm talking about people in general) when Fedora clearly states it has a short lifecycle. Fedora is for running the latest and greatest and Fedora Legacy is here to help people out a little longer after Red Hat stops releasing updates.

My reasons:
(1)   Device driver for my Digi card is not supported by the newer kernels.
(2) It took me weeks to setup everything originally, and I don't want to take weeks more if something goes wrong. (3) It actually works (FC1 that is)... I haven't had any problems with DNS, etc on the unit. Knock on wood. (4) I've learned a lot about RPM packages since the move to FL. That has to count for something.... If I stayed with the most current, I would have never learned how to build my own samba packages, httpd packages, install and maintain my own ClamAV packages. Actually learn a painful lesson why they don't update perl very often, etc. I could go on and on about this point.

Just my 2-cents,
James Kosin

--
Scanned by ClamAV - http://www.clamav.net