Re: 1-2-3 out, time for FC2?

Nigel Henry wrote:

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 23:34, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) wrote:
Why don't you update to a newer Fedora Core release?

Hi Nils. Personally I take offense at someone telling me to get a better distro. I see this a lot on forums. Someone asking a question to solve a
problem, and some idiot replying back with, "upgrade" why don't you
"upgrade".

I'm not telling you to get a 'better distro' or to upgrade. I was just asking myself why you don't upgrade. There can be good reasons for that. On the other hand I wish people would stop complaining about not getting any upgrades anymore (I'm talking about people in general) when Fedora clearly states it has a short lifecycle. Fedora is for running the latest and greatest and Fedora Legacy is here to help people out a little longer after Red Hat stops releasing updates.

Incidentally there are still folks out there using MS DOS, and Win95, even though that is no longer supported. They are happy with it, and I hope have sufficient 3rd party security in place, but it's their choice, and no one
should be forcing them to change.

Nobody is forcing them or FC1/FC2 users to change their OS.

I'm only a home user, so perhaps am not so concerned as someone using FC1, FC2 in the corporate environment, but am sure that there are a certain number of
Linux IT guys and gals out there who are quite capable of sorting out
security fixes for FC1, and 2 if and when they are dropped by Fedora Legacy.

Sure. But why don't they step in and join Fedora Legacy now? If there would a lot of community involvement maybe FL could support releases longer.

Nils.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx