Re: no mandatory QA testing at all [Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing]

Quoting Pekka Savola <pekkas@xxxxxxxxxx>:

There has been little or no discussion or proposals regarding doing
away with QA to get to updates-testing, except for a couple of
misunderstandings and an idea about "trusted fedora legacy [core]
members" who could create updates-testing packages on their own (but
there wasn't much discussion on that).

There may have been little talk, but there was talk.  And no one has
said no to it until I brought it up here.

The current policy change proposal was about reducing the amount of QA
for moving updates-testing packages to updates.

Actually, IIRC, it simply reduces the time to push it through...

So, I'm not sure why we're having this conversation..

Because it was proposed, and until I started the conversation, neither you,
Jesse, I, or anyone else has denounced it or retracted it.  Now that Jesse
and I have denounced it, and you have said you are not pushing it, the
conversation can probably be terminated and forgotten.

Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin

Go Longhorns!