Re: no mandatory QA testing at all [Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing]

On Monday 13 February 2006 03:48, David Eisenstein wrote:
> Doing things this way may have the unfortunate effect of pretty much doing
> away with QA Testing, though.  If a package is going to be released two
> weeks from when it is pushed to updates-testing, regardless of whether or
> not it has been tested, people may end up saying, "Why bother?"

I'd guess the opposite: those who actually WANT to test the packages will have
a fire lit under their backside to do the testing in a timeframe that's
relevant.

I'd rather err on the side of security.

-Ben

--
"I kept looking around for somebody to solve the problem.
Then I realized I am somebody"

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx