Re: State of 7.2/8.0 in Fedora Legacy - compromise?

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

put out a 7.2 and an 8.0 package most often I have to do
the work myself, and that can take too long.

I guess then unless someone volunteers to be the main 7.2 or 8.0 packager, we have no choice but to kill them. We can't ask Jesse to do this in addition to all the other stuff he does.

I'll gladly QA test 7.2 and 8.0 stuff, but I don't have the time to do the
packages.  If no one else steps up asap to take on one of these, then I
guess they should be dropped.

When I took over this
project it was with the caveat that I am not a developer, but a project
manager.

That seems reasonable.

8.0 is even worse than 7.2.

Personally I'd rather see us drop 7.2 and keep 8.0, simply because 7.2 is a dot release/update rather than a major release like 8.0 was. I just think the project will look better if we maintain a version of each major release. But if no one steps up to do the work, then I guess we need to drop them.

- --
Jesse Keating RHCE	(http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team	(http://www.fedoralegacy.org)
GPG Public Key		(http://geek.j2solutions.net/jkeating.j2solutions.pub)