Re: When to bump the build?

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wednesday 21 January 2004 17:22, Warren Togami wrote:

RH's policy is ANY PACKAGE THAT LEAVES YOUR LOCAL SYSTEM must always
bump the release number.

For Legacy I would suggeset not bumping a number only for a rebuild
on the higher distribution, but instead adding some sort of disttag.
For example:

foo-1.3.5-2.7.2.legacy
foo-1.3.5-2.7.3.legacy
foo-1.3.5-2.8.legacy

yeah, this isn't the issue that I was talking about. A package was posted to bugzilla, we found a bug in it, fixed the bug, do we bump the build number on that package (and put it out of skew with the rest of the packages)?

Always bump numbers for any package that leaves your local machine. That is all I can recommend.

Warren