Re: Wireless Network Issues on HP ProBook 4525s

The Bios Update didn't fix the issue.  It worked the first time but upon reboot it showed back up.  I tired it with the LiveCD and it was there too so I replaced the internal wireless controller to see if that was the issue.  Nope.  And it works fine in Windows.  I did notice something else that leads me to think it's a bug in the driver.  If I plug in the physical ethernet, it will force the wireless into a hardware disabled state, then remove the physical ethernet the wifi hardware will activate and seem to work fine.  My guess is the driver sometimes starts up in a weird state where it can't decide to use the physical NIC or the wireless NIC.  Once you plug and uplug the physical it goes to a good state for using the WIFI NIC.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Martin Skjöldebrand <shieldfire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday, August 26, 2013 11:23:24 AM Jeremy Palmer wrote:
> I updated the BIOS and for the last few reboots it seems like that fixed
> whatever the issue I was seeing.

Nice,
We had a HP repair person at work yesterday, and I asked him if he new if
there were any issues with ProBooks and Linux wifi. According to him, they
should be ok nowadays (he runs Ubuntu on his laptop at home).

Only thing he could think of immediately was hardware failure of some kind.
Glad it didn't seem to be this in your case.

/M.
--
Martin Skjöldebrand
www.skjoldebrand.org