Re: Wireless Network Issues on HP ProBook 4525s

On 24/08/2013 15:58, Jeremy Palmer wrote:
I have an HP ProBook 4525s and I installed Fedora 19 about 2 weeks ago.
If I enable wireless with the built in controller, the controller comes
up, gets an IP address, then about a second later turns off, then turns
back on and starts over again.  Over and Over.

I didn't really notice that behavior when I first installed, but after I
applied some updates it's doing it all the time.

It doesn't sound - to me - like a hardware problem (because it also happens with USB). But, to rule it out, are you in a position to check whether the same happens with a different OS?

Second, if you installed from an F19 live CD, could you try running that, live, and see what happens? (Depending on your bandwidth, maybe you could get hold of and try the F19 live CD, anyway, to see whether the updates you mentioned did change the symptoms.)

regards, Ron