Re: F26: Konqueror

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>> no, that's because upstream decided with *KDE5 period* that there are
>> now *two* wallets for KF4/KF5 applications instead have one storage
>> broker and wrappers for both worlds so that things are interchangeable
>
> This is in no way an excuse for the lame decision to have 2 separate wallets
> (I had argued in vain for patching kdelibs 4 in Fedora to use the KF5
> wallet, so that nothing gets added to the legacy wallet after the one-time
> migration happens, exactly predicting this fiasco when Konqueror would
> eventually be ported, which has now happened), but to work around this:
> 1. open KWalletManager4 (KWalletManager4 in the menu, kwalletmanager
>    binary),
> 2. export the contents to an XML file,
> 3. open KWalletManager5 (KWalletManager in the menu, kwalletmanager5
>    binary),
> 4. import the XML file.

See my answer where I simply *explained* what happened (not an excuse, there
was a technical issue and no one could fix it). I didn't like it either, but I
could not contribute in fixing it.

This is fixed since 5.35, but of course it does not fix the already-migrated
wallets:
https://commits.kde.org/kwallet/c2fe10e2e75304114de89aa83381cfa20e6e9734

--
Luigi