Re: F26: Konqueror

Luigi Toscano wrote:
> See my answer where I simply *explained* what happened (not an excuse,
> there was a technical issue and no one could fix it). I didn't like it
> either, but I could not contribute in fixing it.

Your explanation:
> The then maintainer of KWallet had a problem with supporting the old
> format in a reliable way while migrating to Frameworks 5. This was solved
> with a really recent version of Frameworks, which can read the old wallet,
> thanks to the contribution of a Gentoo packager.
does not make sense. Migrating the old wallet has been enabled all this
time! This is exactly why we have a problem now, because any content added
after the migration does not get re-migrated. So how can this possibly have
been an issue with "reading the old wallet"? If that were true, we would
never have had any migration, but we did.

It was just a matter of making the D-Bus interface interoperable, which is
all the patch you linked to:
> https://commits.kde.org/kwallet/c2fe10e2e75304114de89aa83381cfa20e6e9734
does. It makes KWallet 5 also claim the KWallet 4 interface, whereas I
proposed to instead patch the KWallet 4 client library to use the KWallet 5
D-Bus interface, which would have been even more trivial (probably a one-
character change). But either way, it has nothing to do with reading the on-
disk format, because this is purely about the D-Bus interface.

        Kevin Kofler