Re: konqueror

On 07/27/2017 08:27 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Emmett Culley wrote:
>> Did you read anywhere in this thread that there is a need to run a GUI as
>> root?  Not you didn't.
> […]
>> Sure, make it impossible to start the GUI as root.
>
> Actually, I would also consider that a no go, for the same reasons that
> banning it for KWrite is a no go: if I as the user decide that I need it,
> that's my problem, and the software ought to do what I told it to do. An
> example scenario is rescuing a system where the only unprivileged user
> account is not working.
>
> But I agree with the remainder of your message.
>
>          Kevin Kofler
Actually, I meant pretty much what you wrote.  Make it difficult to start a GUI as root, so that you need to learn something about the system to alter that configuration. For non-noobs, making that change would be just part of setting up a new system. Like removing network manage and setting up network scrips manually for fixed (non-portable) machines.

Emmett