Re: proposing chromium as default browser (for f25+)

On 11/08/16 16:57, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2016-08-11 at 22:59 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
I use Firefox (mainly) and Google Chrome.

I mainly use Chrome and sometimes FF, but same difference. I will not
use a browser that doesn't support LastPass though I'm perfectly aware
that it's not free. We each have our own needs.

As to the default browser installed with KDE, I frankly don't care as
long as I can change it.

poc

This is what I would say. Don't care what is the default as long as I can use what I want. I use some KDE software and some GTK software. The best tool wins.

I also add, supports or has very good privacy to start with.

Firefox is slipping on the privacy front in the trend to make it like Chrome. It has removed privacy features in the past few months and that has raised flags with my kids and myself. In some discussions on this it was because it made browsing the web harder and the features are available via plugins. I have yet to find a plugin to provide the same level of privacy that was within Firefox.

Depending on what I am doing, I want a browser I can fully lock down on cookies, web site tracking, scripts and ads. Other times to get a web site to work, I will use a different browser in a different account.