Re: proposing chromium as default browser (for f25+)

Gerald B. Cox wrote:

> I completely agree with your assessment.  I certainly hope that the people
> who voted for Firefox explain their rationale.  If I'm missing something,
> I would
> like to understand it.  I can't fathom, considering the circumstances, how
> someone could choose Firefox other than it is their personal preference.

I find the last sentence completely incomprehensible.
Why do you use KDE?
Why do you drive your particular make of car?
Surely not because it is someone else's preference?
Except perhaps the wife.

I use Firefox (mainly) and Google Chrome.
I use chromecast with my TV a lot (mainly with filmon because that is free)
and enables me to watch English TV when in Italy.
Can chromecast be used with any other browser?
(The word "free" seems to be given a curious interpretation here.
Like most normal people, I mean "does not cost anything".)

One reason I use Firefox is because Live Bookmarks
can easily be installed in the Bookmarks Toolbar.
I use this to access RSS feeds and also PHP programs I have written.
I've found both of these difficult if not impossible in Chrome.

Admittedly I have very low standards, but to me Firefox and Chrome
look perfectly OK in KDE.
I also suspect that the amount of development of these 2 browsers
is never going to be matched by a home-grown KDE program.
I suspect the latter is always going to be trying to catch up.

Incidentally, I doubt if the choice of default browser
will make much difference to most Fedora users.
I imagine that the first step most people take when a new Fedora comes out
is to install the browser that is their "personal preference".

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net