Re: Default Browser Voting - and apparent inconsistency with mission statement

On 12 August 2016 at 01:53, Gerald B. Cox <gbcox@xxxxxx> wrote:

>> > i personally don't give a damn about other browsers than Firefox at the
>> > moment, but the topic is about the default browser of the kde-spin which
>> > sould have at least dependencies as possible, best desktop integratoon
>> > as possible compared with general usabilty and not my *personal*
>> > preference
>>
>> So you use Firefox, but you want others to use something else.
>> Bizarre.
>>
> That wasn't what he was saying.  If you re-read what I wrote, I think you'll
> understand what we're trying to say...

I suppose the fact is there's no "best of" Fedora spin, just a lot of
different desktop ones that are to different degrees ideologically
driven and a few task-specific ones. The conversation seems to be
about changing the default browser for purity reasons. I haven't tried
most recent qupzilla, will give it a go at next upgrade, but in the
past the proposed replacements have largely not been very functional.
If the intention is to ship a default that it's expected most people
will want to change then it does raise the question of what the aim of
that is.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk