Re: Proposing QupZilla as default browser for Fedora 25+

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 6:46 AM, Christian Dersch <lupinix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know many use Firefox and are also power users of this browser. My
intention is to bring new users a well integrated experience of Plasma
and for most users QupZilla will be fine.

I thought we had already crossed the rubicon on that - meaning that specifically for a web browser, functionality and usability are part of
the equation also, and they can collectively outweigh the perceived benefits of an integrated experience.

Firefox is in the process of a major revamp where they are going to have a multi-process architecture and support Chrome extensions.
Chromium is currently under package review in Fedora.  QupZilla does not currently support Chrome extensions, and from their FAQ it's not on their roadmap.
Maybe they will change their mind, maybe they won't.  In any event, we should probably wait to see the results of the above before addressing this again.