Re: [OT] changing thunderbird langpack. was: Re: mailto links

On 02/17/16 09:28, g wrote:
> i still contend that sequence that you posted is confusing and i am still
> at a loss as to how changing langpack will change sequence and wording of
> how to set default email client.

What Reindl posted was not confusing in the least.

His language environment is set to display in non-English and he translated it into
English which doesn't happen to match precisely what the "native" English gui shows.  It
was easy enough to determine his meaning, at least for me.

But it doesn't matter and continuing this thread is irrelevant.

There is more than one way to specify default applications.  However an application
calling another application to compete an action will only use one method to determine
which application should be called.  The "xdg" method is one.  I don't recall the
other(s), and I don't care one iota at the moment.

In the case of chrome it apparently uses "xdg" method.  I went back to F21 and using the
"xdg" method I was able to control which application was started for mailto as well as
magnet links.  This is broken in F22 and F23 and I've supplied the relevant BZ's in other
messages.

So, really, I don't see any value to continue this thread.

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from
computers altogether.