[OT] changing thunderbird langpack. was: Re: mailto links

On 02/16/16 18:16, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 17.02.2016 um 01:12 schrieb g:
>> On 02/15/16 03:11, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> Am 15.02.2016 um 01:50 schrieb g:
>> <<>>
>> <<>> On 02/14/16 17:34, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> <<<>>>

>>> where you did get yours but i am not willing to change my system
>>> language to english just for perfectly show the way to basic settings i
>>> know for at least 10 years that they exist and so find them if needed
>>>

>> my 35.8.0 release is from rpm package provided my distribution.
>>
>> for you to use a release of firefox that is in you native language, you
>> have to pull it from mozilla site because distribution does not release
>> rpms of various languages. at least not that i am aware of
>
> that's nonsense
>
> [harry@srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -q firefox
> firefox-44.0.2-3.fc23.x86_64
>
> [harry@srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -q --filesbypkg firefox | grep langpack
> firefox                   /usr/lib64/firefox/langpacks
.

not really nonsense, as there is a page at mozilla.org that has thunderbird
releases for various languages that can be installed in linux.

stating such was due to a combination of a "chemo brain" and having never
had to to change language via "pref.js", "user.js" or "about:config", with
"user.js" or "about:config" being safest and recommend.

as to:

>> with my thunderbird 35.8.0, to set thunderbird as default email client
>> via menu bar, sequence is;
>>
>>    Edit > Preferences > Advanced > General
>>
>> half way down in bold type;
>>
>>     System Integration
>>      [ ] Always check to see <snip-snip>   [Check Now]
>>
>> clicking [Check Now] button opens a "System Integration" window with
>> preset selection shown.

.

i still contend that sequence that you posted is confusing and i am still
at a loss as to how changing langpack will change sequence and wording of
how to set default email client.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7

tc,hago.