Re: [OT] changing thunderbird langpack. was: Re: mailto links

Am 17.02.2016 um 02:28 schrieb g:
On 02/16/16 18:16, Reindl Harald wrote:
Am 17.02.2016 um 01:12 schrieb g:
my 35.8.0 release is from rpm package provided my distribution.

for you to use a release of firefox that is in you native language, you
have to pull it from mozilla site because distribution does not release
rpms of various languages. at least not that i am aware of

that's nonsense

[harry@srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -q firefox
firefox-44.0.2-3.fc23.x86_64

[harry@srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -q --filesbypkg firefox | grep langpack
firefox                   /usr/lib64/firefox/langpacks

not really nonsense, as there is a page at mozilla.org that has thunderbird
releases for various languages that can be installed in linux.

how does that mother for said "my 35.8.0 release is from rpm package provided my distribution" users?

stating such was due to a combination of a "chemo brain" and having never
had to to change language via "pref.js", "user.js" or "about:config", with
"user.js" or "about:config" being safest and recommend.

jesus christ as for any other software you run on Fedora your chosen language at install time is default

with my thunderbird 35.8.0, to set thunderbird as default email client
via menu bar, sequence is;

    Edit > Preferences > Advanced > General

half way down in bold type;

     System Integration
      [ ] Always check to see <snip-snip>   [Check Now]

clicking [Check Now] button opens a "System Integration" window with
preset selection shown.

i still contend that sequence that you posted is confusing

DAMNED - that sequence you quote is NOT from me

that was mine: "thunderbird -> settings -> extended -> system-integration works here" and there was nothing confusing

so do yourself a favour and refrain from anserwing some day old posts and pretend things which are just not true