Re: Unknown program stops input

Luigi Toscano wrote:

> It could be also IO thrashing. I would suggest to keep two terminal
> windows with iotop and htop always open above other windows, and see if
> you can notice anything when such events happen.

This usually happens when I login, or the machine wakes from sleep.
Can I get top/htop running when I login?

Note that I cannot access another desktop,
so I'd have to have any programs running on the same desktop
(which I don't normally do).

Incidentally, I've noticed that konsole desktops
are not saved when the machine sleeps for any time.
I'm not sure when this stopped, maybe Fedora-22,
or some KDE upgrade.

Actually, if nobody else has noticed this phenomenon,
it is probably not worth worrying about,
as it causes little inconvenience.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net