konsole hangs when started from desktop background menu

Hi

I need some help to sort this issue please.

Since the last update to plasma on Fedora 22, when I try to start konsole by right clicking on the desktop background and selecting 'konsole' it opens a konsole window but that window contains only a screenshot of what was under the window when it was created! (The bar at the top of the window says Konsole and the konsole icon is in the top left corner of the bar).

If I start konsole from the kickoff menu or from my panel launcher button konsole opens normally and after that subsequent launches from the desktop right-click menu work, but my first stuck konsole is still stuck with the screenshot.

Any ideas how to diagnose this?

Thanks

Roderick Johnstone