Re: Migration from registry.fp.o to quay.io

Hi Jakub,

On Tue, Sep 05, 2023 at 12:56:20PM +0200, Jakub Čajka wrote:
> I have one concern about quay.io, more of a double check that quay
> supports manifest lists for/in image formats that fedora is using.
> IIRC there have been some limitations on how manifest lists can be
> used, created in quay.io.

In our experience, quay.io is pretty picky about weird manifest lists,
e.g. mixing oci and docker layer types. If you create the manifest lists
correctly, quay.io should be happy to accept them.

In any case, nearly all problems can be worked around by forcing skopeo
and buildah to convert to a specific format via sth like `--format oci`.

Cheers

Michael

--
Michael Hofmann (he/him) | Slack mh21 #team-kernel-cki | 0xE8E1F78D86F24DA1

Red Hat GmbH, Werner von Siemens Ring 12, D-85630 Grasbrunn
Amtsgericht Muenchen/Munich, HRB 153243
Managing Directors: Ryan Barnhart, Charles Cachera, Michael O'Neill, Amy Ross