Re: Migration from registry.fp.o to quay.io

On 04. 09. 23 19:57, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Mon, Sep 4, 2023 at 12:47 PM Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On pondělí 4. září 2023 15:35:41 CEST Michal Konecny wrote:
Hi everyone,

I finished investigation for migration from registry.fp.o to quay.io. It
is available in ARC investigation document [0]. The investigation ticket
[1] is on fedora-infra tracker.
JFYI, Mock switched to "--use-bootstrap-image" (podman pulling images
from various registries by default) and we had no single issue reported
against the Fedora's registry, but CentOS (on quay.io) gives us random
"pull" failures:

https://github.com/rpm-software-management/mock/issues/1191

So the stability might not be as ideal as with the current registry.

Pavel

Looking forward for any feedback.

I'm not super-enthused about this from a few perspectives:

1. Core artifacts should be able to be produced, hosted, and consumed
from Fedora infrastructure.
2. Quay ultimately does not need to care about Fedora as a stakeholder
3. Quay.io is moving into console.redhat.com[a], which makes it even less
fun since RH accounts for the console require giving a lot more
information.

[a]: https://issues.redhat.com/browse/PROJQUAY-5434

This investigation was about looking what needs to be done to move
the current services hosted on registry.fp.o to quay.io.
We also already using quay.io for ostree variants and it provides features we currently miss in registry.fp.o. So it was a logical move for us to look more closely at it.

Michal