Re: AWS gp2 -> gp3

On Tue, 2023-04-04 at 14:50 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2023 at 07:12:47PM -0000, David Duncan wrote:
> > Awesome news. We will add all of the flags once they are approved. There are three that we are focused on in the cloud instances:
> > 1) gp2 volumes by default -> gp3 volumes by default
>
> I'm still unsure if that means we only do gp3 or what is the list of
> ones we do after this change?
>
> > 2) IMDSv1 fallback -> IMDSv2 required.
> > 3) classic bios boot -> uefi-preferred boot.
>
> Are Fedora-Cloud images all set for uefi?

I can answer that - yes. We switched most openQA tests of the Cloud
image to UEFI some time ago. See e.g.
https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/tests/overview?distri=fedora&version=Rawhide&build=Fedora-Rawhide-20230406.n.0&groupid=1
, at the top, tests for Cloud_Base-qcow2-qcow2 , most of the tests are
@uefi (we still run a couple on BIOS to make sure BIOS still works).

I don't know if there are any additional complications with the process
of getting them into AWS and booting them there, but the images
themselves definitely boot fine on UEFI in VMs.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA