Re: planet

On Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 6:05 PM Pedro Moura <pmoura@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Instead of users having to SSH and create a .planet file to add their blogs, the idea would be simply add their blogs to Fedora Accounts. The fields in Fedora Accounts should be available in FasJSON, and we are using this API to create the files for each planet so Pluto can build them.

That seems like a nice improvement in usability.

> Is it the best approach? Are those planets still being used? Also, is it okay to let users freely add some link that will appear in Fedora planet? Maybe creating a group for people that wish to add their blog on Fedora Planet would help to improve the security about the last one?

I don't think an additional group is necessary, but we should probably
tie it to agreeing to the FPCA at a minimum. Maybe we can require
membership in at least one group instead of adding a specific group?
We have historically had the occasional problem with inappropriate
content in Planet, but generally it hasn't been an issue. We can
address those issues as they come up.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His