Re: Fedora packages site down

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 08:41:21PM +0100, Clement Verna wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 at 20:26, Brendan Early <mymindstorm1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 11/25/20 12:34 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
> > > My understanding is that the -static version cannot update at the same
> > > cadence as the content synced out to the mirrors. To me, that's a
> > > problem, because then the data is just too stale or wrong because it's
> > > not fresh enough.
> >
> > How often do the mirrors sync? I have been meaning to change the sync
> > script to only generate files for version differences, which should
> > allow for running it every thirty minutes.
> >

> The previous solution was listening to this message
> https://apps.fedoraproject.org/datagrepper/raw?topic=org.fedoraproject.prod.mdapi.repo.update&delta=20000
> to update the database. The message is sent if changes are detected in the
> repos. That process is run by a cronjob every hour.
>
> IMO that's acceptable, but curious to hear from others :-)

Yeah, it depends on the thing:

* rawhide syncs once a day (or less when it fails to compose, or more
when we run multiple composes a day)
* branched (same as rawhide)
* stable fedora branches/epel: once a day (unless asked to do more
pushes for urgent security updates).

So, yeah, on those repos updating would be outstanding.
(but not koji repos, just rawhide/branched/updates/updates-testing)

Every 30min would probibly be fine as well and catch most of the
changes.

kevin