Re: Fedora packages site down

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 1:30 PM Brendan Early <mymindstorm1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/25/20 12:00 PM, Mattia Verga wrote:
> > I can't find anymore the links to the testing instances of the two apps.
> > Can anyone re-post them here?
>
> I don't have testing instances, but it will look similar to this.
>
> https://mymindstorm.fedorapeople.org/pkgs-demo/pkgs/numix-icon-theme-square/
>
> You may want to look at this thread for more background.
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/infrastructure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/JLKMBMMGR6H6OSLW35ZXODPNAQP4OIEF/

My understanding is that the -static version cannot update at the same
cadence as the content synced out to the mirrors. To me, that's a
problem, because then the data is just too stale or wrong because it's
not fresh enough.

The behavior of the -ng version is preferable to me, since the content
will actually match what Fedora has continuously.