Re: Is it possible delete my FAS account?

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 06:41:51PM -0500, Qian Cai wrote:
> Hi there, in the process to delete my FAS account (caiqian), it looks like I can
> only mark it inactive. However, the docs said 'to remove all personal
> information, and mark the account as "Inactive."', so I "accidentally" also
> changed the email address to something totally random like xxx@xxx (I forgot the
> exactly). Later, I want to make sure that email is totally non-existent, so that
> nobody could access the FAS account anymore (it has some privileges).
>
> The bad news is that even though I can still remember the password, it now will
> ask me to enter the email address to reset the password since it was marked
> inactive. Since I don't remember the email and have no access to it, I can't
> reset it. Is there any way to remove the FAS account entirely?

No. We don't remove accounts completely.

As you have seen though, when you mark it inactive it means you have to
know the password _AND_ have access to the email address in order to
reactivate it.

If you like we can mark it 'disabled' which means it will require admin
action to reactivate. Or, just leave it 'inactive' since it's also right
now in a state where it would require admin action to re-enable. :)

kevin